WHAT IS THE APTN AMPLIFYING TRANS ADVOCACY FELLOWSHIP?
The Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) Amplifying Trans Advocacy Fellowship aims to support trans and gender-diverse human rights defenders (HRDs) from Asia and the Pacific to utilise the international human rights accountability mechanisms, such as UPR and treaty monitoring bodies, to amplify their existing advocacy work around trans rights at national and international levels.
The Fellowship is designed to capacitate trans HRDs on international human rights mechanisms through an online course which will be held between 15 September – 20 October 2020. After the completion of the online course, selected fellows will receive a small grant to implement their advocacy interventions centered around international human rights mechanisms. Fellows will receive guidance and technical support from APTN as they implement their advocacy interventions. The Fellowship will also provide opportunities to learn from peers and to network with advocates working on women’s rights and sexual and reproductive rights.
You should apply for APTN Amplifying Trans Advocacy Fellowship if you:
- Reside and work in Asia and the Pacific, preferably in Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, PNG, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, and Vietnam
- Identify as trans or non-binary
- Demonstrate an interest in engagement and advocacy efforts in progressing trans rights
- Are available on the dates and committed to participate in the online course which will be held between 15 September – 20 October 2020
- Are fluent in written and spoken English
To express your interest in this opportunity, please fill out the following application by 12 July 2020.
On the 3rd of July there will be a maintenance done by Survey Monkey platform, it should last 12 hours and the survey won’t be accessible, you can still submit by downloading the DOC version of the application form and send it via email.
If you have any questions about the Fellowship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org