Functional title : Finance and Administrative Officer
Location : Bangkok, Thailand
Application Deadline: 12 December 2019
Language required : English and Thai
Duration of initial contract : 1 Year with possible renewal
The Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) launched in December 2009 is the first regional network advocating for the legal recognition and rights of transgender people in Asia and the Pacific. Envisioning a society that upholds, respects, and protects the diversity, safety, equality, and dignity of trans /transgender people, the mission of APTN is to mobilize and advocate for the human rights of trans/transgender people in the Pacific and Asia Region.
Since inception APTN has been focusing on raising awareness and increasing recognition for issues of transgender people. In addition to establishing the regional network, APTN organizes program activities that will go towards supporting and strengthening transgender-led advocacy.
The Finance and Administrative Officer provides support to the management, and is is responsible for administrative and financial functions of the organisation. Their role as well is to assist on coordination,planning, preparation, monitoring, review, clearance, and control of administration, financial operations. He/She will work closely with programmatic staffs and country implementing partners on coordination of program activities on finance related matters. The Finance and Administrative Officer reports directly to the Finance and Administrative Manager.
Key areas of responsibility include:
1. Financial Disbursement, Reporting and Budgeting
- Maintain all books of account for the organization including petty cash register.
- Coordinating with country / implementing partners on monitoring and tracking use of financial resources/ grants/ sub-grants
- Check for compliance and completeness of submitted documents for financial disbursement
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports on monthly basis and according to grant agreement deadlines.
- Assist in delivering trainings and financial training materials to staff and country partners
- Coordinate with TFB and Finance/ Audit Committee in all finance related matters (e.g opening/ closing accounts, grant agreement letters)
- Process monthly disbursement included staff payroll, social security and insurance
- Assist on tracks expenses report by projects and donors monthly
- Assist the APTN audit both internal and external
- Manage on the APTN Balance Sheet reconcile and bank statements
- Provide advice and guidance on requirements to be met for programme planning and budget formulation including staffing; support the preparation of submissions and annual work plans
- Serves as focal point for financial coordination of project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with a diverse organizational units to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on finance actions, e.g. authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
- Provide policy and technical advice regarding the application of the APTN HR and Finance manual and management procedures
- Coordinate input to med-term planning and budgeting documents
- Assist on the monitoring and reporting on programme implementation / budget status
- Provide technical guidance and training to finance and project staff involved in all phases of the work on financial processes and donor compliances.
- Supporting APTN secretariat and board in financial duties
- Assist on setting up, maintaining and overseeing APTN private donation
- Review submitted procurement documents matters for accuracy and completeness
- Arrange filing, storage and systematize network’s financial, grants/donors and registration documents in accordance with the Thai legislation and regulation.
- Perform other duties as required
2. Administrative Management
- Verify purchases and manage office disbursements.
- Perform annual assets verification
- Assist the logistics of meetings and workshops (travel arrangements, visa, materials, minutes);
- Manage disbursement for meeting and workshops, including filing of supporting documents for expenses and claims
- Provide administrative and logistical support to programmatic staff and/ or participants during meetings and events.
- Provide support during Board meetings and Operation Meetings.
- University or Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance, commerce and/or business administration.
- At least three years experience in a similar position.
- Experience in managing sub-grants
- Excellent command of Quickbooks is preferable and Microsoft Excel
- Computer proficiency (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Quickbooks);
- Fluent in English (listening, speaking, reading, writing).
- Experience working with community-based organizations in Asia-Pacific or in multi-cultural settings
- Thai citizen
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate “Application: Finance and Administrative Officer” in the subject of email.
Transgender Persons from Asia and the Pacific are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Contact : email@example.com