TERMS OF REFERENCE
Functional Title: Program Officer
Duration & Period: 6 months subjected to renewal
Assignment & Location: Bangkok
Trans applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) launched in December 2009 is the first regional network advocating for the legal recognition and rights of transgender people in Asia and the Pacific. Envisioning a society that upholds, resects, and protects the diversity, safety, equality, and dignity of trans /transgender people, the mission of APTN is to mobilize and advocate for the human rights of trans/transgender people in the Pacific and Asia Region.
Since inception APTN has been focusing on raising awareness and increasing recognition for issues of transgender people and coorinating program activities that will go towards supporting and strengthening transgender-led advocacy.
To provide technical and operational support to APTN’s programs in Asia and the Pacific (AP), as well as other AP program coordination and partnership development efforts under the direct supervision of the Program Manager.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide technical coordination and operational support to projects in Asia and the Pacific; including regular support and interface with APTN field staff and local partners.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including knowledge of donor rules/regulations to ensure compliance, along with related APTN policies/procedures for project grants and contracts.
- Coordinate and track the development and processing of project grants, budgets, and contracts to ensure timely receipt, approval, processing and payment.
- Conduct assessments using existing tools, draft reports, and participate in research project implementation, as needed.
- Support of project execution, proposal preparation, communications/marketing materials, and provide for other regional information needs.
- Assist the Program Manager in drafting MOUs, detailed implementation plans, quarterly and annual reports, and contracts and agreements.
- includes arrangement of flights, lodging, meeting spaces, drafting agenda and event collateral, securing visas, and other relevant travel documents and processing expense reports.
- Support the implementation of communications plans of assigned projects in coordination with the APTN communications team, including editing documents and ensuring the timely input on communications-related deliverables.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing support and assistance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Some experience editing, copyediting, and proofing documents.
- Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, make recommendations toward solving problems, and work well in group problem solving situations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team, as well as an ability to carry out tasks independently.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment with remote employees.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required. Thorough knowledge and experience in building office systems, filing systems, and general office procedures preferred.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills that must be effective and courteous, requiring high integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures and languages.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced international environment, including managing time zones and a wide variety of cultural dynamics
- Ability to manage a large number of emails and respond in a timely manner
- Proficient in the use of the full Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field relevant to APTN mission and programs such as Business Management, Programme Management, Social Policy, or related fields OR minimum 3 years of work experience in relevant field.
- Work experience in Asia and the Pacific required.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, programs that support HIV programming, and trans advocacy preferred.
- Experience working with key affected populations strongly preferred.
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 25 September 2016.