Terms of Reference
Position: Part Time Account
Duty station: Bangkok
Contract Durations: 6 months (Subject to extension)
Working Time: 5 days/month
The Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) launched in December 2009 is the first regional network advocating for the legal recognition and rights of transgender people in Asia and the Pacific. Envisioning a society that upholds, respects, and protects the diversity, safety, equality, and dignity of trans /transgender people, the mission of APTN is to mobilize and advocate for the human rights of trans/transgender people in the Pacific and Asia Region.
Since inception APTN has been focusing on raising awareness and increasing recognition for issues of transgender people. In addition to establishing the regional network, APTN organises program activities that will go towards supporting and strengthening transgender-led advocacy.
The Part time Accountant will support in tax-related document monitoring, social security filing and application, accounting record and other assignments related to Finance and Accounting and report to Administrative and Finance Officer. This is a six-month part-time position, based at APTN’s office in Bangkok.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Record in QuickBooks and prepare monthly report
- Daily and routine book-keeping
- Record APTN asset with depreciate calculation
- Produces monthly bank reconciliation statements and consolidates in hard copy
- Support Administrative and Finance Officer in the completion of the year-end reports and audits
- Prepare and submit monthly withholding tax forms to Revenue Department of Thailand
- Prepare and submit annual Income Tax of APTN staff to the Revenue Department of Thailand
- Prepare and submit annual Corporate Income Tax (PND.55) to the Revenue Department of Thailand
- Support Administrative and Finance Officer in tax monitoring
- Provide support to APTN and its staff on the tax matters as required
- Prepare documents required, update and apply for social security on behalf of APTN staff to social security Office
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Administrative and Finance Officer
- Diploma in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent
- Minimum three years of relevant experience in the area of finance and accounting is required
- Excellent skill for using Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
- Good knowledge of Thai Government taxation system
- Have the ability to communicate fluently, both written and oral in English and Thai
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
- Able to demonstrate communication and organizational skills
- Able to work individually and in teams
- Experience in working in international environment is an advantage
- APTN working language is English. Fluent command in written and spoken English are required
Trans people are strongly encouraged to apply
Please email your CV, Cover letter along with your application by 15 Feb 2017 and send it to APTN at email@example.com with subject title "Application for Part Time Accountant Position".