Functional Title: Office Assistant (Contract)
Duration & Period Assignment & Location: 6 months, Bangkok
Salary: 500 USD/ month
The Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) launched in December 2009 is the first regional network advocating for the legal recognition and rights of transgender people in Asia and the Pacific. Envisioning a society that upholds, resects, and protects the diversity, safety, equality, and dignity of trans /transgender people, the mission of APTN is to mobilize and advocate for the human rights of trans/transgender people in the Pacific and Asia Region.
Since inception APTN has been focusing on raising awareness and increasing recognition for issues of transgender people. In addition to establishing the regional network, APTN organises program activities that will go towards supporting and strengthening transgender-led advocacy.
The Office Assistant will support in administrative duties including front office management, errands, clerical duties, logistics and meeting arrangement and reports to Admin and Finance Officer. This is a six-month full-time position, based at APTN’s office in Bangkok.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Asist in coordination of activities to the field project and other sites including making hotel reservations, travel visas and arranging transport in consultation with relevant officer(s). Ensure that your supervisor and other officers on field trips receive necessary logistical support to make their trip successful.
2. Maintain a schedule of planned meeting and attend to routine correspondence and administration functions especially in the absence officers.
3. Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating requirements, placing and expediting order, verifying receipt, stock review, deliver to work station.
4. Create and maintain APTN inventory list.
5. Provide office logistical support as requested.
6. Coordinate dispatch and contact with stakeholders, partners, contractors, vendors and Thai Foundation Board.
7. Keeping track of staff movement leave and attendance record
8. Participate in other activities as assigned by the Admin and Finance Officer.
1. Diploma in any field or equivalent practical work experience in duties consistent with the above responsibilities.
2. Have the ability to communicate fluently, both written and oral in English and Thai.
3. Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities.
4. Able to demonstrate communication and organizational skills.
5. Professional and courteous.
6. Experience in working in international environment is an advantage.
Transgender man and woman are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for application: 29 November 2015
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org