Functional title : Finance and Administrative Officer
Location : Bangkok, Thailand
Language required : English and Thai
Duration of initial contract : 1 Year with possible renewal
The Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) launched in December 2009 is the
first regional network advocating for the legal recognition and rights of transgender
people in Asia and the Pacific. Envisioning a society that upholds, respects, and
protects the diversity, safety, equality, and dignity of trans /transgender people, the
mission of APTN is to mobilize and advocate for the human rights of
trans/transgender people in the Pacific and Asia Region.
Since inception APTN has been focusing on raising awareness and increasing
recognition for issues of transgender people. In addition to establishing the regional
network, APTN organizes program activities that will go towards supporting and
strengthening transgender-led advocacy.
The Finance and Administrative Officer provides support to the management, and is is
responsible for administrative and financial functions of the organisation. Their role as well
is to assist on coordination,planning, preparation, monitoring, review, clearance, and control
of administration, financial operations. He/She will work closely with programmatic staffs
and country implementing partners on coordination of program activities on finance related
matters. The Finance and Administrative Officer reports directly to the Finance and
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Financial Disbursement, Reporting and Budgeting
● Maintain all books of account for the organization including petty cash register.
● Coordinating with country / implementing partners on monitoring and tracking use of
financial resources/ grants/ sub-grants
● Check for compliance and completeness of submitted documents for financial
● Assist in the preparation of financial reports on monthly basis and according to grant
● Assist in delivering trainings and financial training materials to staff and country
● Coordinate with TFB and Finance/ Audit Committee in all finance related matters (e.g
opening/ closing accounts, grant agreement letters)
Approved by ED 22 Feb 2019
● Process monthly disbursement included staff payroll, social security and insurance
● Assist on tracks expenses report by projects and donors monthly
● Assist the APTN audit both internal and external
● Manage on the APTN Balance Sheet reconcile and bank statements
● Provide advice and guidance on requirements to be met for programme planning and
budget formulation including staffing; support the preparation of submissions and
annual work plans
● Serves as focal point for financial coordination of project implementation activities,
involving extensive liaison with a diverse organizational units to initiate requests,
obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on finance actions, e.g.
authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and
● Provide policy and technical advice regarding the application of the APTN HR and
Finance manual and management procedures
● Coordinate input to med-term planning and budgeting documents
● Assist on the monitoring and reporting on programme implementation / budget
● Provide technical guidance and training to finance and project staff involved in all
phases of the work on financial processes and donor compliances.
● Supporting APTN secretariat and board in financial duties
● Assist on setting up, maintaining and overseeing APTN private donation
● Review submitted procurement documents matters for accuracy and completeness
● Arrange filing, storage and systematize network’s financial, grants/donors and
registration documents in accordance with the Thai legislation and regulation.
● Perform other duties as required
- Administrative Management
● Verify purchases and manage office disbursements.
● Perform annual assets verification
● Assist the logistics of meetings and workshops (travel arrangements, visa, materials,
● Manage disbursement for meeting and workshops, including filing of supporting
documents for expenses and claims
● Provide administrative and logistical support to programmatic staff and/ or
participants during meetings and events.
● Provide support during Board meetings and Operation Meetings.
● University or Bachelor Degree in finance, commerce and/or business administration.
● At least three years experience in a similar position.
● Experience in managing sub-grants
● Excellent command of Quickbooks is preferable and Microsoft Excel
● Computer proficiency (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Quickbooks);
Approved by ED 22 Feb 2019
● Fluent in English (listening, speaking, reading, writing).
● Experience working with community-based organizations in Asia-Pacific or in
● Thai citizen
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Please indicate “Application: Finance and Administrative Officer” in the subject of email.
Transgender Persons from Asia and the Pacific are highly encouraged to apply.
●Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.