The Asia Pacific Transgender Network, launched in 2009, is the regional network advocating for the health, legal and social rights of transgender women and men in the region and globally. To build a robust, resilient and self-reliant trans movement, APTN implements programmes and initiatives at both country and regional levels for transgender and gender diverse people as well as policymakers, health care practitioners and providers, international agencies, and donors.
The Key Population Research and Advocacy (KPRA) Project aims to advance the role of community in accessing HIV services for key populations. APTN, along with other regional community networks of key populations, is a sub-recipient of a regional Global Fund grant awarded to Save the Children, Nepal (Project Management Unit). APTN is responsible for research activities in four countries—Indonesia, Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam—on barriers to accessing HIV and health care services in transgender and gender diverse communities, and the way in which those barriers can be removed through community engagement and empowerment. APTN’s research under the KPRA Project is for nine months with possibility of extension for additional year on coordination of advocacy activities.
● Master’s degree in public health, international relations, development, social sciences, management or related discipline
● Minimum of seven to ten years of relevant experience in project management, operational research, and other relevant fields
● Proven track record of managing projects across countries with tight deadlines and quality research/policy deliverables ● Prefer: Experience with Global Fund-funded projects
● Prefer: Persons living or working in Asia-Pacific, [especially those who can work in Thailand]
● Transgender or gender diverse persons from Asia and the Pacific are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, CV, and details of at least 2 referees to: email@example.com by June 15, 2018. Please indicate “Application for KPRA Project Manager” in the subject of email
Read more details by downloading the application.