APTN Finance and Administrative Manager
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Application Deadline: 31 January 2018
Language required: English
Duration of initial contract: 1 year
The Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) launched in December 2009 is the first regional
network advocating for the legal recognition and rights of transgender people in Asia and the
Pacific. Envisioning a society that upholds, respects, and protects the diversity, safety,
equality, and dignity of trans /transgender people, the mission of APTN is to mobilize and
advocate for the human rights of trans/transgender people in the Pacific and Asia Region.
Since inception APTN has been focusing on raising awareness and increasing recognition for
issues of transgender people. In addition to establishing the regional network, APTN
organises program activities that will go towards supporting and strengthening
The Finance & Administration Manager is responsible for the efficient running of APTN
back-office operations, the effective control of its financial and human resources, and of the
technical, IT and administrative systems, in order to contribute to the delivery of the
- Periodic recording and update of all day-to-day financial transactions into the APTN financial
systems according to the respective donor and cost centre.
- Review monthly financial processing, cash flow and bank reconciliations from overseas offices
- Monitor expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilised in accordance with approved
- Manage all day to day financial accounting matters
- Maintain and develop sound accounting systems
- Reconcile bank and other balance sheet accounts on a regular basis
- Oversee the project management financial functions ensuring donor/contract compliance.
- Lead country/donor level forecasting and budgeting in conjunction with the Executive
Director and executive team
- Develop and prepare budget forecasts and manage expenses within approved budget.
- Develop and maintain appropriate systems and cost-effective, timely procedures and controls
such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting to properly disburse, account,
budget, and report funds.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate
monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor
segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Periodically produce the actual versus budget variance reports. Review this variance report on
monthly basis with program department.
- Oversee the timely and accurate preparation and submission of regular financial statements
and other cost reports, including providing guidance to project staff and partners.
- Report on financial results and approve monthly/quarterly operating plans and reports.
- Assist the project staff in the successful implementation of the project including the timely
completion of high-quality, budget forecast and financial/variance reports.
- Oversee sub-grantees/sub-contractors ensuring adherence to donor, organizational, and host
country policies and build capacity of local organizations to become successful and
sustainable quality service providers.
- Coordinate and lead the annual/donor audit process, liaise with external auditors and the
finance team and senior management team.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the
finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual. Effectively communicate and
present the critical financial matters to members of senior management/program team.
- Handles general office administration and procurement
- Supervises finance and admin assistant
- Analyse the phone bill, produce private bills for private usage and a summary report.
- Manage the purchase, distribution, use and maintenance of the organisations’ equipment
- Ensure that the security procedures are implemented.
- Negotiate any changes to the property contract, or improvements to the property, with the
- Liaise with other agencies/government.
- Oversee all administrative filing and records, and archiving.
- Ensure that all major financial (or other) commitments with other parties are covered by a
legal written agreement.
- Provide support to the office in all other administrative matters.
- Management of Secretariat’s documentation, filing, and database systems.
- Ensure that all staff have valid contracts and job descriptions, and that they understand them.
- Ensure that staff move from step to step up their grade as appropriate.
- Implement performance review and performance management for all staff.
- Prepare the staff list every month.
- Oversee the leave register.
- Periodically review salary scales
- Review the structure of the staff contracts.
- Manage the recruitment of all new staff.
- Calculate and disburse terminal benefits packages as required.
- Review staff training needs, and organise for them to be met.
- Maintain HR records, including staff lists, staff files and the leave register.
- Ensure compliance with local labour law regulations on all staff matters.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Health and Labour as necessary.
- Provide support to the office in all other HR matters.
Legal Compliance of APTN and its Staff:
- Ensure visas and work permits of non-Thai staff are updated and addressed on time.
- Ensuring APTN Foundation status
- Arrange filing, storage and systematize network’s document in accordance with the Thai
legislation and regulation
- Ensures compliance with Thai registration, social security, taxation and annual reporting
- Liaise with Legal Advisor on foundation matters
- Supporting Executive Director in coordination, travel coordination and communication tasks
- Ensure that staffs travel authorisation is properly prepared and store
- Provide support to the office in all other logistics matters.
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of APTN
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Integrity, professionalism and respect for diversity
- Self-motivated, proactive, and takes initiatives;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Interface program financial and grants to programme department;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work and time independently;
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to build trust;
- Ability to empower others and to manage their performance;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams, delivering through and with others;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse and cultural environment
Required skills and qualification:
BA, MBA or Master/ Degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business Administration or any other
professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA
- Minimum five to eight years of proven experience in handling project financial management,
budgeting, grants management, general office administration and procurement.
- Well versed in maintenance of financial systems (Quickbooks)
- High proficiency in microsoft excel
- Previous experience in working with Humanitarian NGOs, international organizations, or
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise a complex financial management or general ledger
- Have experience working in multi-donor / multi-project/ multi-country environment
- Have experience in producing financial statements for the Governing Board review.
- Well versed with Thai law.
Professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
Trans people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email your CV, Cover letter along with your application by 31 Jan 2018 and send it to
APTN at email@example.com with subject title “Application for Finance and
Administrative Manager Position”. The position will be closed once a suitable candidate
has filled the post. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.